Thursday 29 March 2007

Comes in Threes, Right?

So, I quit smoking, I barely drink anymore, I’ve returned to being vegy, I order fresh organic fruit and veg every week, I go swimming/aqua aerobics twice a week... and I’ve never been so ill in all my life.

Since Christmas I’ve had tonsillitis (the worst the doctor said she'd seen outside of textbooks!), a chest infection (that left me under the covers for my birthday) and now a stomach bug for which I’ve eaten no solids in two days.

Go figure.

I'm thinking of going down the corner shop for 20 Camels and a bottle of vodka instead.

But that makes three. That's definitely, irrefutably, three. So I can now look forward to a lifetime of exceptional health and well-being :) I'm excited about that fact.

However, to help me pass the boredom (rather than just my breakfast), I’ve just watched the 2005 version of Pride and Prejudice. I know some hate it, I was fully prepared to hate it myself... but, aaaawww, geee, shucks. You can't hate that, can you? It's such a happy ending.

I'm now tucking into a blast-from-the-past X-Files-a-thon (thanks Dad for the next two seasons!). We're now beyond 'blast from the past' and into 'the parts I never saw'. So it's an education and there's enough here to last me until I get better, get married, have children and finish putting them through college... if only I could eat popcorn and drink beer at the same time.

Oh, and 'get well soon' Mum, who is sharing in my pain with lurgy of her own. x

No comments:

Post a Comment