Thursday 9 October 2008

Better Times

I've had better times of late.

It is my very sad news to inform viewers that Mao, my little baby four-pawed boy, has disappeared - fearing the worst.

It's day three now. After the biggest chicken dinner of his life, and plenty of cuddles, they went out Monday night and he never came home.

This cat is glued to me. He waits at the gate for me to come home, and follows me to the shops when I go to buy phone credit. The only time he disappeared before was at a few weeks old when he fell down a drain, resulting in a dramatic rescue by bed sheet, which I lowered down for him to climb up.

He's never been the brightest, which makes me worry more.

I'm putting up 'missing' posters today. I assume it's probably the main road which got him, but I worry someone's caught him and been cruel. People here aren't really pet fans. Many have a deep dislike of dogs and cats as they ate the bodies in '94. There aren't many in the country now. My friend's guard found a puppy in the back garden one night and beat it to death with a plank of wood, then left it in the garbage. I was distraught when I thought Shue was going to die - burst into tears - people thought I was mad.

Anyway. I'm hoping he's just a little bit lost and will eventually turn up, but I won't hold my breath. Could be he crossed a few roads at night when there's no traffic and then, when the cars started appearing in the morning, got too spooked and wandered further in the wrong direction. Dunno.

Still.

In other news, the DRC are claiming Rwandan Troops have invaded near Goma.


Mao (L) & Ishuheri (R)

No comments:

Post a Comment