Thursday 25 October 2007

Caves



When talking about Mallorca, I somehow completely forgot to mention the caves!

We went to Cuevas Dels Hams, one of the numerous Mallorcan caves said to have inspired Jules Verne's Journey to the Centre of the Earth! Full-on multi-media extravaganza, and a very unusual rendition of Mozart by a trio of musicians on a gondola floating out across the underground lake!

Was truly a sight to behold. I'd recommend them to anyone, which leads neatly onto my next wee promotion, which is to encourage all those within drivable distance (and especially those with children) to get over to Clearwell Caves in the Forest of Dean for what will undoubtedly be a spectacular festive display. I'm bummed I'll miss it this year. It's one of my favourite places on the planet. They turn the whole place into a walk-through fairytale, 'tis beautiful :)

If you're interested in big caves, real heart-of-the-earth stuff, check out this link and run the video clip at the bottom. It's Titan, Britain’s largest cave. Seriously impressive.

No comments:

Post a Comment