Wednesday 10 October 2007

Shop 'til You Drop

Phew. Just got back from Matalan, where I spent just under £100 on clothes and luggage. I have finally bought my wheelie case to put everything in. It feels weird. I had a bit of a 'moment' at the check-out where suddenly it all seemed real. Then I shook my head and it went away again :op

Yesterday, I got through almost £200 of my pre-departure grant on insect repellent, a mosquito net, water purifiers, medications: for eyes, feet, things for allergies, colds, things to stop you pooping too much, things to help if you're not pooping enough, things for teeth, things for face, things for hair etc.

It hasn't been quit as expensive as I'd anticipated, and I even got a student discount in the camping shop - huzah! Still, have more than enough of my grant to finish the clothes shopping, plus a few other bits and pieces like a vegetable peeler and a plug adaptor. Dad bought me a new laptop as a going away present! Rather generous. I now need to take a closer look at insurance options.

It's quite good fun shopping when you know that you have to spend the money, and when it isn't yours, and when you have a whole day to brows around. I'm glad I've got the case now, because I can only put in it as much as will fit, so it stops me going too crazy and buying unnecessary things. It's a little hard finding good summer wear at the moment, as it's now autumn and all the shops are stocking up on big woolly jumpers - not great attire for Sub-Saharan Africa :o}

No comments:

Post a Comment