Thursday 2 July 2009

Jambo Bwana

A special song for Marilyn & Dad - remember this? :)


Well, I've had a lovely day :)

Finally finished writing the Sign Language Curriculum. Presented it to my colleagues and hopefully it'll form the basis of our first teaching trials. Had a meeting at the office with Amanda, Emilienne, Gerard, Goreth and Parfait to discuss my replacement. Potentially another person lined up, but don't want to jinx it so I'll be quiet.

But it really was a lovely meeting, and wonderful to feel so appreciated! My colleagues were hugely complimentary about the work I've been doing and I felt really good about myself when we left :)

Had a few beers with Cathryn, Giudi and Maxime at Stella last night, nice way to round-off a public holiday even if I did work through most of it on the curriculum :op

Home cooking tuna, cheese, sweetcorn and pasta at the moment - nom nom nom.

Still think MTN Rwanda is the biggest pile of utter pants in the world ever. Seriously, if one decent network provider ever came to Rwanda, they'd take all of MTN's customers in seconds - they suck soooo badly. They've just switched to this new pay system without any warning, so instead of a flat monthly charge you pay for upload/download usage. As far as I can gather it spends money like water and although it's notably faster it's also really temperamental and I'm scared to brows the web in case I run out of money. There's also some SMS credit (whatever that means) that I can't seem to transfer into internet credit - what's the point of that? It's all a huge swiz and displays just the lack of intelligence you'd expect from the infamous Missing Telephone Network. Really hate them, but what's new?

Aaanyway. I'm just going to indulge for a second in Michael Jackson nostalgia. I was never much of a fan as a kid, though I enjoyed Thriller at Butlin’s with Dad. Although he was a victim of his own eccentricity, and certainly seemed blighted by problems in later life, you can't deny the man was certainly unique. I've been watching a few of his classics with New, Improved, Money-Guzzling(TM) MTN, and decided on a favourite. 'He's not coming back coz he's sleeping with me' - what a line lol



I'm not prone to hysteria on the matter of celebs dying, but I'm open to appreciation. Reminds us all of our mortality even if it sometimes shows the nastier side of human nature in the way some people revel in other people's misfortunes. Sure, celebs don’t deserve special dispensation because of who they are, but they don’t really deserve extra animosity either. All just human in the end, and an entertaining human is usually worth several dull ones.

My friend li'le Amanda's convinced it's all a conspiracy. To be honest, the more I listen to it, the more I'm starting to wonder! Fans get to keep the tickets as souvenirs so long as they don't ask for the money back. His final press conference in which he said 'this really is it,' turned back twice... hmmm.... probably sipping cocktails in the Behamas right now!

Aaanyway.

Mmmmm. Tuna and pasta....nom nom nom.

No comments:

Post a Comment