Friday 10 July 2009

Other Blogs

[NB 2013: Where links appear in bold without hypertext, they are no longer active.]

Just thought I’d take a moment to point out the other blogs on my site. You may have noticed down the right-hand side that, underneath the blog archive and charity links, there’s some links to other people’s blogs. I wanted to explain briefly who these are in case anyone wants to check them out :)

In no particular order: Mike in Ethiopia/Namibia and Eddie Doyle in Ghana were both on pre-departure training with me at Harborne Hall a couple of years back. These are the blogs from their placements, although they’re on the VSO blogspace and not Google Blogs, hence no snippets of their activities display and they’re always at the bottom of the list.

Ruth Baker was my predecessor at the National Deaf Association, so this is a blog of her life after VSO, and Ruairi is one of my close friends here in Rwanda. He tends to make more jokes and less rants than I do ;)

Morgan in Africa is a blog that was extremely popular even before I got here and is well acclaimed. I know a lot of Rwandans and other ex-pats follow it on a regular basis. GayUganda is a friend I made whilst writing an article on being gay in East Africa, and his blog is constantly enlightening. He’s a wonderful activist and advocate for gay rights in an extremely homophobic environment.

To Withdraw Myself from Myself is a blog belonging to a friend who was involved in SignPagan when I was back in Cardiff, and The Head Girl’s Boudoir is another good friend that’s got a distinctly quirky twist to it. Rose Kelly’s Gin Bottle is a little nod to the esoteric side of life – hell, this is Heathen Lass’ blog after all, we need to keep some standards ;)

[NB 2013: the original URL for this blog was heathenblogging.blogspot]

Finally, you may have noticed the little ‘Followers’ box that’s appeared in place of the ‘Subscribe’ feed on the right. If you like this blog and have a Google account, simply click the ‘Follow’ button and a little picture representing you should appear. It makes me feel wanted :)

No comments:

Post a Comment