Saturday 30 June 2007

General Blurb

Had a really good night last night. went for a drink with Kate, my old colleague. Went to y Mochyn and had a really good catch-up and chin-wag.

Did some dreading today, been quite a while since I last did that. Business seems to have dropped off. I put it down to the summer season, everyone's on holiday or broke.

Heulwen's in France, and Eric's moved back there because his course is over now. House is really quiet - it's quite nice actually ;)

Spent the day playing with Celtx some more. I'm working on an adaptation of The Children of Lir and a couple of original pieces. It's a lot of fun, and the programme has a website and forum where people showcase their work. I've been having as much fun reading other people's as writing my own. Just commented on a guy's slasher/killer teen flick. It was highly entertaining and well written. If I don't get the VSO job I think I’m going to try working my way back into the arts somehow - find me a job with time to write.

As for the VSO thing, still haven't heard anything. The postal strike yesterday has apparently caused a backlog. Wasn't any post today either, and won't be tomorrow because it's Sunday, so expect I’ll hear either Monday or Tuesday.

Getting up early tomorrow to go interview another research participant and off to Somerset on Monday to talk to a Police Link Officer for the Deaf (PLOD). All coming together nicely, though I’m still short on hearing participants. I need to pull my finger out on that front, but I’m not worrying too much - there are so many hearing people! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment