Sunday 3 June 2007

Suki's Moving

After Mark's moving last week, it was Suki's turn yesterday. Phil drove his VW camper over to her old place off City Road and met Gedge there. They packed everything into the van and her car, then drove to the new pad on Kings Road.

It's an absolutely beautiful house, with a seriously large bathroom. She's moving in with our other friend Lucy (Mark's girlfriend) and their friend Lisa. Two Social Workers and a Substance Abuse Advisor! Best place to go and get trollied of an evening, and all close to Y Mochyn Du. So, I’m no longer the only one over this side of town. They're about a 10 minute walk from my place.

Suki texted me when they set off from the old place and I met them there to help unload. Once that was done, we chilled in the garden, basking in the beautiful sunshine with beer. Mark turned up briefly to donate his old desk to their office, but had to head off again soon after as his parents are visiting and, for some reason, didn't fancy partaking in back-breaking labour during their stay. Strange.

Our friend Gareth turned up for a bit, too. Cunningly just between finishing the unloading and heading to the pub. Long enough to enjoy a cold bevy in the sunshine without partaking in the back-breaking labour. Strange.

I'm joking, though. Suki's stuff was really light and, unlike Mark, she's living on the ground floor, not the top flight of three sets of stairs, so it was pretty easy-going.

I headed home soon after, to get changed and cool down (it was a boiling day), and to collect my housemate Eric (who is actually 24/25, not 27 as originally presumed - another thing Heulwen got a little muddled on ;) ) then met Phil, Gedge & Suki down Y Mochyn to commence daytime drinking. Phil's friend Laura-May was also out (sister to his friend Alex back in Pompy).

We had a good drink there then headed to Buffalo's via the Rummer. Phil and Laura went on ahead and we met them there. My friend John joined Suki, Gedge, Eric and myself at the Rummer. Buffalo's was absolutely heaving, so John and I decided to share a bottle of extortionately priced wine rather than keep trying to struggle our way to the bar. We went to drink it in the beer garden, which was so loud and full of eejits that we soon got a headache and left. I hadn't been back to Buffalo's in months, since a slight fling with one of the bouncers. Its novelty had worn a little thin - not the chilled-out lounge atmosphere it is on a weekday. It got so crowded that if you went inside to go to the toilet, you had to queue to get back out into the garden again! Very silly set-up.

So, John and I took leave of the others and headed off to Club X at about 2am, which was a silly price to get in but sooo much nicer atmosphere-wise. We sat outside chatting and drinking until the sun came up, and I managed to stagger home about half-five, so it was another day-breaker. There's something about the combination of the Rummer and Club X methinks - and John - who is a terrible influence on my poor innocent self ;)

Essentially, I’m now nursing a very dodgy hangover but, after eating and rehydrating, I’m feeling 'acceptable'. So, I’m off to the Rummer again tonight for the local Pagan moot. One of my friends there is giving a talk on the history of 'voodoo dolls', from Roman times to the present day. Should be quite interesting. I shall be sticking to the J20s and lemonade, though. I intend to be a good girl and to apologise to my body for what I have recently done to it. Perhaps I could make a new liver out of styrofoam and some sticky back plastic...

Alka-seltzer anyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment