Wednesday 26 September 2007

Flights and Neck Ache

Argh, what a state!

Had a really chilled-out day yesterday doing absolutely nothing but recovering from Harborne Hall. In the evening, Pete, Gedge and Phil decided to go into town for a few quiet drinks, so I joined them.

A few quite drinks resulted in Pete, Gedge and I head-banging the night away at Rock Night at the Welsh Club/Clwb Ifor Bach. This was not a strategic move. I didn't get in until 2am. The final song we danced to was the classic Rage, Killing In The Name Of. It was a very weird night. The DJs completely misjudged the mood of the crowd, leaving the dance floor empty for a significant time by manically alternating between cheesy-disco-student-music and death metal! Slightly confusing, but we eventually got them to play RATM and now I can't lean my head forward because it's in danger of falling off. 

It's been a looong time, ho hum. Used to go to Rock Night every Monday at the Fez Club in Reading after the Pagan Moot I ran with my best mate Cassie. That's where Phil and I got together, and Cas and her now husband Sean. So, there was huge nostalgia involved in setting foot in a rock club again. I recently gave all my big baggy jeans to jumble. Felt conspicuously badly dressed for the occasion. It was a total last-pint, pub's closing, decision to go. But it was fun, and there were a couple of very old classics that I remember from back when I was at uni. They included Limp Bizkit's My Generation and Jimmy Eat World's Bleed American, another classic. Otherwise, a depressingly pants selection of music. We had to ask for RATM twice and they looked at us as if it was a strange request! Also asked for Drowning Pool's Let the Bodies Hit the Floor as I love that song, but no joy. Funny to think those have endured for six or seven years now.

Actually, quick aside to say 'CONGRATULATIONS!' to Cas, who has just become an auntie to Mel and Andy's new baby daughter Rose, last Saturday :)

Also, on the subject of Rock, to promote a former housemate of mine and Phil's. Sonny used to be a member of Stalefish1, whose album Smashed Bottles and Broken Fences is still available through Amazon. He's since moved to Rugby with some members of SF1 to reform another band, Whisper in the Riot - one to keep an eye on :)

Right, promotion over, the reason Rock Night was not strategically a good idea was because I had a dental check-up today for VSO. Wasn't until 12:20, but when your neck doesn't work it's not fun! Also lost my dental form again (3rd time!) so had to get VSO to fax it to the dentist. Ho hum. Done now though, although this time (as opposed to last time) they 'de-scaled' at the front using a drill. It was an horrendous experience! Apparently it's routine, but I couldn't stop flinching.

I also then had to photocopy my passport and send it to VSO, so it's been a busy morning. Going to attempt to do some more packing now if my neck will allow me :o/

I also received my flight details through :) 

I am going via Nairobi on Kenya Airways, details as follows:

3rd November: Kenya Airways: KQ101
Departs: London Heathrow (Terminal 4) at 1900hrs
Arrives: Nairobi at 0630hrs (4th November)

4th November: Kenya Airways: KQ1108
Departs: Nairobi at 0945hrs
Arrives: Kigali at 1005hrs

Eeep :op

No comments:

Post a Comment