Thursday 5 June 2008

*cough cough*

Well, finally did drag myself to the doctor's yesterday. Turns out it's just bronchitis, but they've given me a shed load of drugs: stuff to stop me coughing, stuff to stop me wheezing, and knock-out antibiotics. Literally, I took the first dose yesterday and sparked out for three hours!

I've signed myself off until Monday (bar one VSO meeting tomorrow) and my plan is just to focus on getting better. I feel absolutely whacked, and my chest is still rattling alarmingly from around 5pm to the time I get out of bed. Veeeery tired. I feel worse after gong to the docs actually, not sure if it's the meds or just finally giving myself permission to be ill.

I am trying to distract myself by writing. I'm doing quite well off the back of this financial article stuff. I guess I can now tentatively call myself a freelance writer ;) I've also got a couple of articles in the pipeline for various magazines. Wouldn't recommend Suite101 at all, though. It's okay for showcasing, but the amount of effort you have to put in compared to the return is a bit disproportionate.

The internet is currently running horrifically slow the past few days. I'd give my back teeth for broadband. But I've been updating my creative writing too. Still plodding on with the Witches story - waiting on the historical documents before I go much further. Also about six poems off a proper collection. I've been doing well on Celtx, too. Bagged first place and joint second in a couple of their fun script competitions. Still think the best entry I made was Fritz, but no one else did :op Love that site. Wrote a promo for it, for which they are apparently sending me out some gifts :)

So, still tippety-tapping away in the Land of a Thousand Hills. Keeps me sane, just. Also did an interview with Gyrus, a friend who publishes the Dreamflesh Journal. Great book, buy it ;)

Just to throw in another blog link I found recently - a gay man in Uganda trying to fight the overwhelming prejudice against homosexuality in Africa. Well worth a read. Great writer.

No comments:

Post a Comment