Saturday 21 June 2008

German Butcher's and Sparkle

BCK German Butcher's
 
Well, what a lovely start to the weekend :)

I was up early this morning - took some effort - and into town to café Karibu ('welcome') for 9am. It was the quarterly VSO Committee Meeting for volunteers. Beautiful day for it, glorious sunshine.

Martine, Karen, Florence (new volunteer from Uganda) and myself were there, as were Amanda (my Programme Manager) and Mike (new Country Director). It was my first time at this as I was in Kampala before. There were supposed to be some more of the new vols there, but today is International Refugee Day and they'd all gone to the camps to run workshops. It was a really nice relaxed meeting. Afterwards, all bar Mike (whose partner's here, so he's off doing touristy things) headed to the Chinese Shop for some light shopping. Then we went to the German Butcher's for delicious ham and cheese baguettes, and a coke, on the balcony. It was a lovely morning. I indulged in some new tupperware and some balloons for D's birthday on Monday. I'm still trying to think what to get him as a present.

Last night we stayed up watching films until the wee hours. I'm afraid to say things got a little err... tactile... after. There is certainly a very big spark between us, but I'm not sure it's sensible. Then, who wants to be sensible? Just a question of whether the chemistry causes me to blow up, whether it fizzles out, or whether we hit the alchemist's formula. Oooh... bit of a technical analogy lol It's fun, but sloooooowly. I'm still thinking I may just want my house back, so keeping it all very non-committal and honest. Things have just been really good over the past week, making up for his generally twatish behaviour in Kampala and generally winning me round. We'll see. It could all just be a transient reaction to feeling so much better.

Shue's doing well. Lot more perky. He had a little milk this morning, though he's still not eating properly yet. Think he'll be okay. Purring a lot.

On the whole, the gloomy cloud of the past couple of months seems to be lifting - must be planetary.

No comments:

Post a Comment