Sunday 29 June 2008

Sunday by the Pool in Kigali

Hmm, sounds like a good book title ;)

Had a lovely day today. D left around 10:30, he's off doing some more security, so I get the house to myself for three whole days! Woopie! :))

Very excited about that. I had a lovely lazy morning tippety-tapping up some more S101 article, mostly on English grammar and growing Voodoo Lilies :o/ I'm a bit miffed with the site, though. It runs about as fast as paint dries. It took me three hours to upload one article! *yawn* Not geared for the low bandwidth approach, and something squiffy is going on with their word count. Articles have to be a minimum of 400 words in order to publish. MS Word said 430, the website editor said 417. Then, when I hit 'publish', it said it couldn't because it was only 393 words! Err.. hello? I'd written to them about this months back. Oh, well.

Still, three months down, 30 articles, and I've almost made my first fiver. Well, I ain't in it for profit *rolls eyes* Good thing my writing skills are in demand elsewhere.

Today was all about relaxing. Slobbed out until Jo came to pick me up in her very suave VW Polo. We headed down to Nyarutarama again, had a swim in glorious sunshine, and a bite to eat. Met up with her Chinese friend, Cindy. Kirsty and Mel also turned up. It was a right VSO fest. Totally relaxed and chilled-out by the time I got back at around half-four. Some veeeery easy on the eye Rasta guys running about in swim shorts. Bonus.

Don't feel in the least like going back to work tomorrow. There's an absolute heap of things to do, all pressing and urgent, and I haven't done any prep. Slapped wrists. But I will dive right on in there when the alarm goes off on the morrow.

For now though, yay for sunny days by the pool. Yay for friends. Yay for cute Rasta guys in shorts, and yay for having the house to myself for a while. Yay, yay and yay to it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment