Thursday 31 January 2008

Bit Better

My Lovely Bed

Nobody panic, I'm still alive!

Woke feeling like death warmed up. Haven't eaten yet, 11:00am now. I think not eating has at least given my tummy a break. It doesn't hurt anymore (sounds like a line from a tragic death scene that, doesn't it? - 'It...it doesn't hurt anymore...'). Going to go into the VSO office at 1pm for lunch. They usually do really good, wholesome food for FRW 700 (70p). I tried some rice and cassava last night but, to be honest, it wasn't that appetising. Think the fennel tea helped, though.

I'm just dead tired, but certainly feeling a lot better. I have thankfully managed to postpone the funding discussion with my colleague until next week. The meeting that was cancelled yesterday has been moved to Monday afternoon.

Still haven't got my MA results. Other than knowing I've passed, I don't know whether it just scraped it or sailed through. It's been over a week now and I'm wondering whether they sent it to the wrong address or if it got lost in the post? The lady in the office hasn't replied to my e-mail. Bit of a poor show on their part really.

Watched The Wind That Shakes the Barley last night. Rather good. I assumed it must be older than it was - only 2006. Didn't think people wrote that genre much anymore. Good acting, good cast, good story. Wasn't exactly what you'd call 'uplifting', but enjoyed it. I find myself loving just about anything that's British at the moment (uh, sorry - British and Irish ;)).

Supposed to be going for Indian tonight. I'm going to see how I feel. If my tummy complains about lunch I won't, but if I'm okay I will. It would do me some good to chill-out with company and have a decent meal. Haven't had Indian for over three months, since I left the UK. Going with Drew and possibly Ally and Martine.

I do miss just being able to call friends up. Within Rwanda, phone credit is so expensive. Conversations last an average of about 10 seconds.

Still, I've pretty much worked out the whole of Les Mis on the tin whistle now, and I am enjoying the film fest. It was a brilliant idea of Sue's to set up a DVD library, and I'm close enough to take full advantage of it.

Paula just sent me a message. She's chilling out, having drinks at a place called Paradise (apparently aptly named) up near Gisenyi in the North West. She wanted to go and see it and now suggests we should have a group excursion.

Blah. Going to go get washed and dressed and poddle into the VSO office. See'f there's anyone there to talk to. Or maybe I'll tackle the week’s worth of washing-up I haven't been bothered to face... yeah, probably that ;)

Nobody panic, all is ooookay.

No comments:

Post a Comment