Thursday 31 January 2008

All Better

Went into VSO and had a good whinge to Sue and Mel. Everyone says the same: when you’re ill, things get on top of you that don’t bother you when you’re well.

Had lunch, my favourite meal there: beans and cassava. Really nice. Much better than I ever make.

Still feeling a bit skewiff but just did a mad moto into town to pick up five parcels!

First moto driver was nice enough, tried to chat me up lol Second was a total boy racer – which was fun, clinging onto the back rail with five heavy bags of goodies all at the same time! Good thing he put his foot down though, as my arm was getting tired.

Funny, the same guy at the Post Office that caused me so much grief the first time, has been really nice to me since. Weird. Though they did try to give me somebody else’s mail!

It wasn’t strategically a good move zooming all the way over town on a full, slightly dodgy, tummy. My head is absolutely spinning now, but it was either that or wait until Tuesday, as tomorrow is a national holiday (Heroes Day) and then a full working day on Monday.

I thought I’d treat myself, too. I just paid the motos. I didn’t even argue the price. I felt I deserved a treat. Round trip of 1,900 (£1.90) – probably could have done it for 1,600, but hell, what’s thirty pence?

So, here I am gleefully tearing off the wrapping! Just got Cassie’s Christmas presents :) She sent some fabby chocolate: Black & Gold Butterscotch, which has melted and reformed in an interesting shape, but is no less delicious. Also received sparkly hair bands and stuff for the office :)

Dad sent a consignment of clothes! Including the most beautiful skirt! Might wear it tonight if I go out. Really pretty. Also, a parcel for my birthday which I will save. Funny, I’m sure he didn’t send that very long ago. It's certainly taken a lot less time to get here than Mam’s tea towels... weird.

I have three more parcels to go, one from Dad and two from Mum. I’m debating whether to open them now or save them and open one a day over the weekend? Think I might do that, could be fun to make them last :)

I feel a bit washed out, but happy again. Also happy the guy at the Post Office isn’t ripping me off anymore. All of these came to FRW 600 (60p). It’s the little things.

No comments:

Post a Comment