Monday 21 January 2008

MTN, Customer What?

Union Trade Centre


Ugh.

Bit of a bum couple of days. Tired. Went into town on Saturday with Marissa, one of the new vols. Went to Bourbon and had a bite to eat. Bumped into a Canadian called Francois, who is working out here but on his way home. That was nice. Had a good chat. I dropped past the Mille Collines after and left a message for Andrew. Well, the only American Andrew they could find on record so see how that goes.

Got home to find a note from Sue. An invite to dinner, but I couldn't call her back because of the phone situation and being a bit daft and not realising there's a pay phone outside :op That was a shame.

Lounged and typed a lot Sunday.

Went to work today and did a lot of sitting around doing very little, watching others use the computer and just sort of sitting really, longing for an internet connection and a purpose.

In the afternoon I decided to go and lose the will to live at MTN. Their customer service is... well, what customer service? I stood in a stagnant queue for 45 minutes with people pushing in left, right and centre - it was like a British NTN 'helpline' only in the flesh. I believe I uttered out loud: "I'm going to grow old and die here," at one point.

Did get a free USB connector from a nice chap in the business section, though. So I can plug in the modem and my flash drive at the same time - the ports are a bit close together and the modem is wide. Also received two parcels from home, one from Aunty Patsy and the other from Aunty Jean - loads of chocolate.

But, here's the thing. I went to Bourbon after, thinking I deserved a treat. I ordered their chocolate cake and a coffee. The cake was huge! Absolutely stinkingly good cake! Only, halfway in, I had to stop. I felt sick as a parrot!

I reckon I've got a reduced tolerance for chocolate, having not had it in so long! I couldn't believe it. How cruel!

In all honesty, I think I'm suffering mild malnutrition or something. Haven't really eaten much fruit or veg in quite some time. Live off samosas and chapatis - high carb, little nutrients. Just not eating good stuff, or often, at the moment. Took a moto back and went straight to Ndoli's, bought myself three oranges, a bag of red apples, and a mango. Going to eat them all, now, with a vitamin tablet. See'f I feel any better. Had a crap night's sleep and woke feeling a bit squiffy, so think my diet needs addressing pronto. I found myself hankering for home grub *sigh*

Anyway. Did get a new phone today. Got a new number. You can keep your old one, but you have to fill out a form and get your ID photocopied and... well, I just can't be arsed. The thought of going back to MTN fills me with dread. I just don't think I'm strong enough to do it.

So, yeah. Will pass out the new number. Nokia 1110 - blue, quite cute actually. I prefer it to the Vodafone one I had. At least this one understands the concept of grammar.

Been watching some DVDs from the library the past couple of days. Resorted to the first ever episode of Bread. 'Gotta get up, gotta get out, grab the world by the throat and shout...' - blast from the past or what! Plus a PD James mystery. Love this old-time Brit flick stuff. Defence of the Realm, that was the other one - now that was a movie on a budget ;)

Nostalgia. Ain't it great.

No comments:

Post a Comment