Thursday 24 January 2008

New Bed

New Spare Bed


:)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Finally got the new bed! Fabian collected it this afternoon and came and put it together. Then he climbed on a chair, on top of the bed frame, to reach the high thatched ceiling and put up the mozy net. I held it steady. Wish I had a photo, it was quite a balancing act.

He’s earned a reprieve. I’m not sure why but that incident that really annoyed me, where we agreed 500 for the lawn and he charged me 5,000, just reversed itself – we agreed 5,000 for the bed and he charged me 500! Oddly, just after putting the spanner down next to my 'afrialtar'. I’m wondering if it’s coincidental or not ;)

Either way, don’t care. I paid him the agreed price anyway as he earned it this time. I now have a new guest bed! It’s solid as a rock. Not sure how comfy it’s actually going to be. Paula’s coming tomorrow so she can try it out and let me know. But, finally, the bed saga is resolved.

It’s been quite a productive week, actually. Got new bed. Drew/Andrew from the AIDS Centre dropped me a line. He got my note at the Mille Collines and I’ve invited him out with me and Paula on Friday. Tuesday was one of my resource days. I spent it doing lots of stuff from home: wrote two funding applications, one for a Deaf genocide survivor’s project and the other for a Deaf community theatre project. Sent the drafts to Augustin for comment.

Also wrote an application to VSO, to fund an IT training project to get some of our volunteers more involved in the office, bit of capacity building. They’ve agreed, in theory, to fund it, but the room hire’s come to more than I was expecting. Just trying to balance numbers at present – going a bit cross-eyed with all these zeros. There's a bit left in the VSO budget at present, so hopefully they’ll still go with it. Been working on a few other bits and pieces on the side, like the website, which a friend set up. Getting information translated into French and Kinya at the moment, not much up yet.

Attended a partnership meeting yesterday with Francois and Betty. It was a full day. First monthly meeting for partners to share information about their projects and help collaborate on various issues. It was a good day, and I got fed. We've also got Sue Enfield, a consultant from DFID, in at the moment conducting a mid-term review on the Disability Programme. Lots going on.


Afrialtar

No comments:

Post a Comment