Monday 15 December 2008

Holiday Ahoy!

Photo courtesy of Flickr


In two days, all this shall be mine :op

Turned up for work today to be told we're all going on a disability march with FENAPH. Only, the march is to the German Embassy, to protest - yet again - about Rose Kabuye.

I made a swift call to Amanda who said 'nooo' - we're not allowed to associate with anything political. So, I stuck around for Augustin, and to help with some computer things. Then Augustin said I could go home and he'd see me in 2009. He gave me a couple of extra days off gratis to pack :) 

Really kind of him.

I'm home now. Second time this month I've scored time off due to political rallies.

I'm about to start the mass tidy of my house and begin packing for Sierra Leone. I'll be out of phone contact, but should check my e-mails a couple of times a week. B joked it's like the DRC and I'll be lucky to make it back, but he's just gone to visit his friend's besieged whisky factory in Goma *rolls eyes*. All bull, that was a long time ago - it's as safe as Rwanda now.

Not looking forward to the stopover in Nairobi, my least favourite airport ever. Squat holes ahoy, and back-breaking metal benches. But, only three hours stop on the way there.

Essentially, the holiday has begun. And I've just eaten ice-cream :op

No comments:

Post a Comment