Monday 1 December 2008

Jesse James


Hah, I forgot to mention a slightly surreal event last Friday after my last drink with Hirut. There was a taxi bus heading up the hill from Nyarutarama to town but, when I asked for a lift, they were full, so I started walking in the dark.

I get a few yards up the road and the bus stops. It is indeed heaving, but one guy managed to half-stand against the door and gives me his space. I asked them to drop me up the top by the motos, but they gave me a lift all the way back to Kisimenti! So, thank you the festively tippled employees of Micro-Finance Rwanda for being lovely gents and ladies! Much appreciated x

Last night I headed to Hirut's for spicy noodle soup, fresh baked chocolate cake, and a shot of potato vodka! :)

Then we headed to a guy's house in Nyarutarama - extremely posh neighbourhood - to watch the Sunday movie: The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford, which was a beautifully shot film and very entertaining.

Today, I had a nice lazy morning meeting my friend Lucky, who was en route between South Africa and Burundi with a ten-hour stopover. We hooked up for breakfast at La Planet. Then we headed to my office so that he could meet the gang, only the gang were over at NPC (National Paralympics Committee) doing sport. We hopped motos there with Goret and mingled for a bit. It's great, Dominic at NPC has given them a hall. They were doing women's dance lessons, volleyball, basketball - all sorts. Was excellent. I think they get the room twice a week now.

Then we chilled out at mine before he went to check-in for his next flight. He's taken on co-ordinating a huge Deaf project involving ten countries (including Rwanda), so he should be back soon.

I'm relaxing now, doing work e-mails and such, waiting for volunteer Amanda to arrive to discuss the translation of the dictionary into English - she may be helping me :)

All good, but a bit tired - very chesty from all the dry season dust :(

No comments:

Post a Comment