Tuesday 8 May 2007

A Direct Train/Bus/Train to Bath...

Went out drinking in Bath for bank holiday Monday with my friend Graeme, and met up with a friend-of-a-friend-cum-friend, Gyrus. Forgot that bank holidays were the favourite day of the railroad workers, though. No direct trains from Caerdydd to Bath, so it was a train to Bristol Parkway, bus to Temple Meads, train to Bath. Fun, fun, fun until you stay in the pub drinking too long and panic about whether the very last bus will 1. show up and 2. make the connection. All turned out alright though, but they made us wait for the bus down a long tunnel reminiscent of Fagin’s lair in Oliver Twist - water dripping from the ceiling, a cold chill blowing through, and several destitute commuters huddling for warmth on cold metal benches.

Still, got home fine, and had a good natter in Bath. Now got three days before the 'big deadline' when all essays from the taught part of my course have to be in. My target today was to write 500 words on Welsh People. I refused to let myself near the internet until then, knowing how easily I’m distracted, but I’ve just been sitting here filing my nails and staring at the wall instead. I'm averaging about 20 words an hour at the moment - whizzing through it like a snail on valium. It's not floating my boat to the extent that it's sunk.

Still, just plodding on. All will be right by Friday and then the celebrations shall begin in earnest. Only another 3,200 words to go, mostly a reflexive work for Research Experience on Transcription methods of courtroom data: a feasibility study. Ho hum.

Game of Scrabble anyone? Monopoly? Chess? Tiddlywinks?

No comments:

Post a Comment