Wednesday 9 May 2007

Ah, Nuts

Peanut Zombie


Heehee. I'm addicted to peanut butter. It's one of my ultimate comfort foods and I can easily get through a whole jar of it whilst sitting writing essays! It's my dirty li'le secret. I was starting to feel really bad about just how much peanut butter I was eating (I dip the handle of a teaspoon in the pot and lick it off like a lollypop!) when someone pointed the following site out to me.

I was just amazed that there was a British Peanut Council! :op

So, now I feel worlds better. And what's even more fantastic is that occasionally I treat myself at the local Chinese supermarket where I tend to shop. They have these things called 'peanut puff rolls,' imported from Vietnam - they're heavenly. Like crumbly, melt-in-the-mouth stuff that goes all chewy... Thing is, I used to think they were sending me straight for a coronary, until I read the nutritious information on the back and was strangely put at ease :oD

Calories per serving: 16
Calories from fat: 0
Total fat: 0g
Saturated fat: 0g
Cholesterol: 0g
Sodium: 4g
Dietary fibre: 0g
Sugar: 3g
Protein: 0g

Percentage of daily recommended dose: Vit A 10%, Vit C 10%, Calcium 0,50% (?) and iron 0,01%

Hmmm... me thinks someone's telling porkies lol But boy, do I feel good about myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment