Friday 11 May 2007

Time to Unwind

I am in a state of absolute happy contentment.

Today was the deadline for my final essays. I've now finished the taught part of my MA! I can't believe how fast time has gone. I’m sitting here now in my attic, listening to the torrential rain on the window outside and thinking how far I’ve come in the past six months.

I walked into uni this morning with a bag as heavy as bricks: one research folder, a sociolinguistics essay, and several big books that needed returning to the library. I'd arranged to meet with my friends Hanna and Suzanne so that we could hand them all in together. Hanna was running late, but another friend, Kerry, joined us and we offloaded our burden to the office.

We then adjourned to a nearby café for brunch, where Hanna caught up with us. Having spent the past two weeks finding every possible distraction to avoid writing essays, now that I have nothing left to avoid, I feel sort of empty - I don't know what to do with myself!

We sat and chatted for ages, then headed into town where we parted company. It was weird knowing that we weren't going to see each other every week anymore. It's all over. But we're going to arrange to get together now and then to hold 'dissertation escapism' sessions.

On the way home, I treated myself to some new shoes and a yummy BBQ Quorn baguette and caramel flapjack from the best sandwich shop in the whole of Cardiff. Also stopped to rescue a li'le spider from a puddle lol Plus, dropped off a business card at the crystal shop and got an instant customer!

Got home, got out of wet clothes (it's been raining all week here) and put on my current favourite 'don't have to think' film, which is the 2005 Pride & Prejudice (yes, get over it). I've about worn the DVD out.

And now I am chilling with the still *aak aak* until drinkypoos at PC's tonight with the gang.

Everything's got that groovy vibe right now :)

No comments:

Post a Comment