Wednesday 12 November 2008

A Bit Better

Diavola Pizza with Pineapple
SoleLuna Pizza
 
Oh, for good friends.

I went over to Cathryn's this afternoon in a terrible state and she gave me cups of proper coffee with whisky in, and a bag of Starburst. I thought I'd died and gone to heaven.

Then Hirut arrived and gave me some reading material to occupy my mind. We're going to book our flights next week.

Then I went to Karen's leaving do at SoleLuna where Bruce, a new volunteer Hailey, Karen, Lies and Amanda were. Had wonderful pizza, and an excellent laugh. Really lifted my spirits. I'm so lucky to have such a lovely Programme Manager - she really is tops.

I'm totally shattered, bags you could carry shopping in. But I'm doing okay. Calmed down a lot, just extremely tired. Hopefully meeting Karen for lunch before she flies out tomorrow, then going to relax and look after myself.

Doing okay. Surviving. Others have all been through it, there's often a twelve-month-in slump. So many leaving. My cats have been looking after me and lavishing me with cuddles. Just need about a week's sleep. Love my hot water bottle (thanks Dad!).

Need to get out of Rwanda. Mzungus are really not loved right now. Bye bye France, bye bye Germany - who's left? lol

No comments:

Post a Comment