Thursday 20 November 2008

Jog On

Kigali International Peace Marathon 2013

I did something very strange last night. Something I've never done in my life.

I went jogging!

Yuuurs.

I was quite decidedly pants at it, but then it was with a guy who'd run the Kigali half marathon last year and lived to tell the tale. I'll try most things once.

As well as getting me running about Kigali at night like a loon, Eric also cooked a really yummy pasta meal: fresh veg and everything. But perhaps not strategic to eat that before running, or running after recovering from the mother of all hangovers, beer dehydration, and other such delights.

Aaaanyway. Yesterday was pretty uneventful protest-wise. Haven't heard much about it, but more of a link here. A few lorry loads of shouting people drove by, and a couple more blaring loud music, and a helicopter or two overhead. But that's about it, really. All the shops were closed. Kisimenti was empty. Passed without incident.

In the office now, translating the AKR dictionary. 900 signs all need instructions in English. I could cry lol But it's kind of awesome to think that the first ever AKR dictionary will have my instructions in it, too. And, when I think of how many hours Goreth has spent drawing the pictures, I should put in my few days' worth. Hopefully, after next week, when I get my one year review, I'll have a better idea of what I'm doing. Almost there on the dictionary though, and it's looking really good.

No comments:

Post a Comment