Monday 24 November 2008

Just Another Manic Monday

Typical Tailor in Rwandan Town

If only... sooo sloooow *yawn*

Another day writing up English directions for the dictionary, interspersed with checking financial sheets and discussing Excel and budgets. Drip...drip....drip...

I made a break for the outside world after lunch. Went to the market, bought some cloth, and took it to one of the local tailors. About six people there, none of them spoke any English, but we had a really good chat and I think I got what I wanted across. Hoping for a dress. Should be ready in a couple of days. If it works, I think I'll get some more stuff made as I'm totally running out of clothes. But, if not, it wasn't that expensive. FRW 5,000 for the material and 8,000 for the dress. Rain has broken, and it's getting rather warm, so I need some summer clothes.

I ummed and aaahed a long time about the fella from Stella, too. He's only 23, same age difference as me (18) and my first true love (23) yonks back. It's a bit disconcerting, given my past track record with younger blokes here. But, thought 'what the hay' and texted him my number. He says he'll call this arvo, so see what he has to say for himself. It is pretty flattering.

Got my one-year review tomorrow, which I'm desperately not looking forward to. There's nothing particularly wrong, wrong - I'm just sooooooo bored. I need to get out of the office more. The thought of translating 950 signs, all on my own, is mind numbing. It's about as exhilarating as a summer job photocopying.

Still, last stages I suppose.

And holidays soon :)

One last pre-Yule push and then I can forget about it all for three weeks.

And hopefully have a nice dress to go with it :)

There's been a lot of chanting and noise going on at Amahoro yesterday and the night before. It's hard to tell if it's a rally or a football match :op

Also,  rather a good article on: The pitfalls of Africa's aid addiction.

No comments:

Post a Comment