Wednesday 4 July 2007

A Great Day for Mankind

YIIIIIIIIIIPPPPPPPPPPPPPEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!

I'm going to Rwanda! :)

I did it!

Think the postage strike held up the letter, but I knew before I opened it what the answer was - you needed a forklift to pick it up, soooo many forms I knew it couldn’t be a rejection slip! Huzah!

Have to book in for training and a medical now. I have a lovely lady called Heather who will be guiding me through everything until my departure. She's great. I think it's going to take a while for everything to sink in though!

Also, I got my final uni scores through today. Not bad, not bad considering I went a little off the rails and started writing about slightly edgy subjects halfway through. Still, I quickly learned, and when I went back to writing about Deaf things my marks suddenly improved again lol These are my final averages :-

Forensic Linguistics 74%
Foundation 58%
Sociolinguistics 65%*
Qualitative Research 57%
Quantitative Research 54%
Research Experience 66%

('Clerical error' - upgraded to 67%)

Above 50% is a pass, above 60% is continue to PhD level, and above 70% is distinction. So, I passed everything which means I can officially 'continue to the next stage of the programme of study' - i.e. the dissertation  I’ve been doing for the past two months :) 

But it means I don't have to re-take anything. Some good marks in there, too. All except for the Research Experience and Forensics module are the combined marks of two papers. Most of the papers were only 2,000-2,500 whereas the Forensics paper was 4,000. I did get another 74% in my first Qualitative paper, but then wrote an off-the-wall essay which brought the average riiight down. But, hey, creative license - it's what I live for :op and no harm done in the long term.

So far so good on the dissertation front, too. Got my final BSL interview tonight at six. The transcription is causing me some trouble - that migraine last night turned into a full-on pain fest. I just went to bed, phoned mum and cried. I'm pretty convinced it's a lot to do with sitting here concentrating on the screen for hours on end. Feel much better now, but when I look at the screen the world starts spinning. Not good. Just gonna take it easy.

Off to eat food now and bask in my own disbelief and contentment :) 

How weird is that, eh? 

Rwanda. 

Crikey.

No comments:

Post a Comment