Tuesday 24 July 2007

Things You Wish You'd Never Seen

Started my next round of injections today with Hepatitis B and Rabies. Both require three injections and I worked out I already had six injections in the past week! Thankfully, my nurse is absolutely lovely and it's quite an experiment for both of us as she hasn't given some of these before. My arms don't ache at all this time, thankfully.

Unfortunately, my curiosity got the better of me and I had a look for Rabies on YouTube (I have a morbid sense of curiosity). One of the results was of a young child in the developing world dying of the disease. It was horrific. One of those things I really wish I hadn't watched, like the time I did a Google image search for faces and got one of a dead American soldier with one half of his blown off.

Makes me so grateful for vaccination technology.

Yesterday, I also had a look through the BBC's archives on Rwanda and found the first report footage of Habyarimana's plane crash that kicked off the genocide. 'Enflame passions' - now that was the understatement of the year.

Now, all these years later, they're running off methane and the people's fortunes have really taken a turn for the worse with a visitation from a Tory part envoy!

There are more clips from the BBC relating to Rwanda here.

No comments:

Post a Comment