Saturday 28 July 2007

Want

One more.

I seem to get creative this time of night. I think it's sexual frustration ;)

This one I'm kind of proud of, and it prompted a response that made me laugh (see below).

Want

A spider weaves a web in the corners of my heart
Suspicion is its venom, murder is its art
Every silver strand that pulls tight across my chest
Leaves a naked emptiness aching in my breast

This arachnid lives in me, sucking on my blood
Exsanguinates my inner spark, turns my dreams to mud
It catches thoughts like they were flies
And feasts itself on their insides.

As the cobwebs have accrued
Misery has ensued
Everywhere I seem to turn
I know the things I can’t un-learn

Years come and years go, every day I look
In every single manuscript, in every single book
Looking for a name that I can call my inner foe
As every day inside of me I feel its presence grow

Little spider fingers plucking at my veins
Liquid spider venom flowing through my brain
Tucked up in its corner, protected by its lies
Little spider watching, hunger in its eyes

Resignation filled my soul as I drifted off to sleep
Cowering in the shadows, a tear slid down my cheek

I baptized this creature from that font
And realised then, its name was

Want.

*

Comment:

That's pretty good, dammit!

I wish I had written that................

in fact I probably will some time in the future. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment