Thursday 19 July 2007

Parking Ticket

South Wales Police have dropped the parking fine they issued me with after I sent them a copy of the completely blank ticket and made a resident's rant. I like complaining, and often it works. Like the time I got a free replacement driving license after pointing out that I only let go of my bag after being stabbed in the neck. 

I accept that the DVLA aren't responsible for me being a victim of crime, but the difference is that they are a national corporation making thousands of pounds a day. Plus they made the process of applying rather ridiculous. So, sometimes you do just need to stand up for yourself. I'm thinking of following this up by writing to my local Councillor about the fact that our resident's permit zones, rather than protecting us against daytime shoppers taking advantage, actually penalise people for living here.

Then again, maybe I can't be bothered ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment