Tuesday 3 July 2007

Pretty Lights

Ugh, I’m having severe visual distortions again. Seriously crazy stuff, but I don't feel dizzy yet and my head doesn't ache. No numbness either.

I've just eaten a fry-up sandwich in lieu of lunch as I’ve been working on my transcriptions all day. I can't decide whether it's the fact I’ve eaten crap (likely) or the fact I’ve been staring at a screen and concentrating intensely for hours on end (very likely) - so the combination of the two has got to be fatal. 

Last time I had eaten crap too, and spent the night before transcribing a BSL interview for eight hours straight. Today I’ve done 4-5 hours of audio transcription from my interview yesterday. The interview wasn't four hours, but it takes that long to type up with all the stop/starting, typesetting etc. It's pretty intense. Came to 11 pages single-spaced. I've just had a shower and I think that sudden change in activity has thrown my brain cells or something. Everything is swimming in flickery lights.

Ho hum. Really should stop typing then I suppose, but it's sooo boring not doing anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment