Thursday 8 November 2007

Crash 'n' Burn

[GMT +2 Rwandan time]

Absolutely pants day today – the kind they warn you you’ll have in training. Feeling really tired and sensitive all day, then Mum called and I went to lunch feeling stupidly down. Total culture shock. So, brought food back to my room and just burst into tears.

Then Martine came to see if I was alright and invited me for a drink at the pub. Joe, Joanne & Morley (French Canadians) and another volunteer (sorry, still crap with names!) joined us, and we had a nice relaxed drink.

Just bummed at the end when they tried to short-change me, though Martine reckons it was a genuine mistake. Also, some bloke tried to talk to me and I didn’t understand a word. So glad Martine was about, and even more glad she’s also in Kigali. Feeling well sore today from everything. Need to recover. It was just nice to hear this is perfectly normal and everyone else has been through it (or sill gets it occasionally) – feel like such a misery guts!

Ahwell, tomorrow should be better. Last day of training. Some good news, though. I have got that house we saw! Few envious comments lol It is apparently one of a kind. Look forward to seeing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment