Friday 30 November 2007

Moto Racing

Kigali Motos
Did go to Salsa last night, it was wicked. Over at a bar in Gikondo. I took a bus into town and met Martine, Hannah (who I heard on the radio the other day promoting National Volunteering Day :op), Kirsti and her sister, Jodie, who is visiting.

Martine was unwell and went home (she’s much better now). The rest of us took a taxi to the venue. It’s a very cool wooden building with a dance floor. Quite dark at night. When my eyes adjusted, I realised it was actually open-topped as the stars were shining down.

Ordered beer and brochettes, and Jo started the lesson. It was a lot of fun. I picked up the basics - anything more complicated and I fall over myself :op

The best part of the night was the ride home. Kirsti, Jodi, and I all took motos as they live a little bit past me. The drivers raced each other there! It was quite funny because we kept overtaking each other. Then we hit the cobbled road leading up to my house lol That was an experience! 

Anyway, I won! It was seriously funny. Deedee (my driver) and I were in stitches by the time I dismounted. He was so sweet. It started really innocently, just overtaking, but got pretty competitive by the end.

Bit pants today. The water's off again and I forgot to fill the bucket last night, but at least there’s electricity for a cup of tea. It was off all afternoon yesterday. Going into the office to drop off the keys to Léon, then there’s a Capacity Building meeting at VSO this arvo. Augustin’s given me clearance to go. Never know, might even get fed again :op

Just scanning my laptop for viruses. My music stopped working and my background disappeared for a while, but seems to be okay again now. I scan my pen drive each time I put it in and there’s invariably something needs neutralising. It’s amazing how many bugs there are floating around. Definitely a challenge the developing world faces. If they can’t protect the computers they have, there’ll be havoc. I keep getting bugs from the computer at work, and that’s not even connected to the internet!

No comments:

Post a Comment