Wednesday 30 July 2008

Aweeee, No Fair :(

Waragi
 
I've got a stinking head cold and a weekend of hard partying ahead. This isn't fair!

Cathryn's been staying the past couple of nights and we may have been drinking. It's been really fun. Last night we randomly bumped into Han, Mans, Judy and Maxime at La Planet next door.

It's been great fun, but last night I got a really sore throat and felt a bit clammy - not good. Woke up this morning feeling uber yuck. Very worrying with the whole Nyagatare/Gahini thing looming. Luckily it's a pretty chilled-out week 'til then, so I've dosed myself up on garlic, LemSip (please send more capsules and nose spray! - painkillers always welcome in this country) and vitamin pills.

Antonia is popping over later to store some of her stuff at my house and have a natter over lunch about this project. She's offered to feed me, so I'm thinking a nice fat Omelette Special at Stella might make me feel better. I also have some knock-out chilli left over from last night to have for supper. Shall feed myself up and do all I can to get back on the waragi train in time.

I also have to attempt not to fall down the hole outside my drive. Came home Monday and a whole load of men with pickaxes were laying cable. Only, they've dug a trench outside my gate about 3ft deep by 1ft wide and it's been there ever since. It runs the whole length of the street. They knocked on my door for water. I gave them all the spare I could afford. Then they started begging, so I closed the gate and felt a bit pissed off to be honest. I wonder if they were TIG (Work of General Interest/Prison Scheme) workers? It was a bit intimidating and I wonder when they're going to fill in the hole.

Anyway. I need to get better, need to get better, need to get better... If the worst happens, I guess I could forego Nyagy and just do Gahini, but I'd like to go to Nyagy because I've never been and it'd be fun going with Martine and Berta. Might not make salsa tomorrow night, though. Please send healing vibes!

No comments:

Post a Comment