Wednesday 23 July 2008

Sun City

Alpha Palace gym is very disappointing, will have to look somewhere else.

Had a good night out with Martine, though. We went for food and drinks at Sun City. We were served by a very cute guy called Casmir who speaks English, French and Kinya (probably also Swahili) – impressive guy. When he left, I commented to Martine how good-looking he was. Later, whilst she was on the phone to her brother, he came over and asked for my e-mail address. That in itself is rather odd because not many people use e-mail, they usually ask for your number. I made him work for it, asking ‘why’ with my best suspicious air, but he won me round and I wrote it down. Whether he e-mails or not, it’s always nice when someone who catches your eye responds. Compliment, especially from an intelligent, multi-lingual kinda guy.

I’m feeling really on the up at the moment. Work’s going well, cats are happy and healthy, I’m feeling fit and attractive, and lots of good things to look forward to. I’m off to Butare at the weekend for Antonia’s official goodbye. The weekend after there’s a double whammy: big party right up in Nyagatare where Chris lives, then back down through Gahni for another at Jambo Beach. Bit tough getting up to Nagy on a Friday, but will take the afternoon off work and go with Martine and Bearta if possible. Should be fun, I’ve never been there.

Today Léon, Gerard and Francois are off to the American Embassy to chat about the project I put in for. If all goes well they will probably fund it. Problem being that it’s a very similar project (identical some might say) to that which VSO are also about to fund – ho hum. Never expect to get lucky twice ;) The project revolves around training sign language teachers and rolling out a teaching programme, as well as setting up a lobbying committee so, realistically, it would just mean a much larger budget so that we can train twice as many people :) Shhhhh!

No comments:

Post a Comment