Wednesday 9 July 2008

Wiggly-Bumed Dance of Happiness

I am just doing the happy dance around the room. No replies from e-mails or texts to the publisher all day, and revised budget needs to be in by Friday - it was looking bad. Then, out of the blue, I get a phone call to say the quote is being e-mailed over as we speak. Oh happiness.

That leaves only one thing missing from the new re-re-written Partnership Support Fund budget: an up to date quote on room hire from Novotel. Once I get that, there's no stopping me. I've been sitting with my nose pressed to the screen all day, and it's all coming together nicely. Umpteen cups of tea and a packet of Nice coconut biscuits seem to have lifted the cloud of apathy from my shoulders. I'm almost enjoying myself. When I'm in the mood, juggling figures and funding activities can be quite good fun - like putting a jigsaw together. Especially when you're as mathematically challenged as me ;)

Not sure if Rose is coming tonight, haven't heard from her. Either way it's all good. I'm feeling back on the positive train. Said I wanted an achievement this week, if I pull this off it'll be a huge one.

Right, back to work :)

No comments:

Post a Comment