Sunday 31 August 2008

Martine Khazana & the Kitteh from Hell

Last night was an absolutely excellent night. It was Martine's leaving do at India Khazana and it was brilliant. There was myself, Martine, Mike (our Country Director), Amanda (my Programme Manager), Berta, Loona, Florence, Els and Paula. The food was absolutely outstanding. Another lady, Julie, who is working for a widows' survivor fund came too and stayed the night at mine. It was just a fantastic evening. Really good fun. We all ended up in H2O afterwards, playing musical chairs :op

Lot of laughs and silliness. Going to the airport on Thursday with Paula to wave her off.

Arrived back around one in the morning with Julie. We were greeted at the gate by two of my three lumps: Sula and Mao. I was a bit concerned, so I grabbed the torch and went out looking for Shue but, in the process, managed to attract a tiny little kitten!

Sula promptly chased him across the neighbour's lawn and into my garden. I managed to get them back inside and went to take a closer look at the kitten. He's a right feral ball of fangs and tooth. He bit me, and anything else that went close, so I left him to it. Only, the minute I left, he started mewling like a hungry ghost.

Julie had already gone to bed, so I grabbed the torch and went out looking for the kitten. I looked everywhere but couldn't find him. Then I hear a plate clacking in my kitchen. When I go to look, he's there licking the cat bowl. He hides under the shelf and refuses to move. I put some food down, not convinced he's old enough to eat it, and went back to bed.

5am and it starts howling away again - so loud. I can't do anything to make him stop. Never thought I'd be the type to drown kittens, but it sure crossed my mind. My three were curious, but he was so vicious that they soon lost all interest.

Eventually, he went outside. He's now living under a bush in my garden. It would be sad if he wasn't such a pain-in-the-arse. I've no idea what happened to his mum, but there's not much I can do for him when he won't let anyone near him. I think he's a descendant of Eric, the tomcat who occasionally rolls up to pee on my porch. I dubbed him Eric after the Phantom of the Opera, because half his face is white and he lurks on next door's roof and glowers at us. This one looks a lot like him, a mini-meow.

I'm having a really chilled out day today. Just watched a Billy Connolly film: The Man Who Sued God. Surprisingly better than I expected. Quite clever. The legal argument as to why 'acts of God' in insurance terms shouldn't be used to invalidate claims.

Just going over to Ndoli's. I feel like cooking tonight and veging out with more movies. I'll get an early night as I didn't get much sleep, what with that stoopid kitteh - grrr. *shaking fist angrily*

No comments:

Post a Comment