Wednesday 13 August 2008

St. Anthony Strikes Again


Well, it's all go at our website - got the stamp, the money for the registration document (HUGE thanks to Dad for his donation!) and yesterday I wrote our first funding application. On a very tight deadline as it needs to be in ASAP but, hopefully, all will be good *fingers crossed*

Last night I went out with Cathryn, Giudi (Judy - she spells it complicated :op), Rose and the delectable Mr. JM. Met up at Stella, then on to One Love to see Cathryn's boyfriend J playing. We didn't stay very long as it was extremely quiet being a Tuesday. Also, One Love is expensive and we all had to get up for work this morning.

Had fun, though. How could I not? ;)

Got home to find a Tiga in my house. Another volunteer who has just arrived back from visiting folks in Europe and needed a bed for the night. We had a lovely chat this morning over coffee and day-old amandazi. I left her with the cats and hopped a moto to work.

My boss appeared about 20 minutes ago to tell me there's a meeting on Friday... which is a public holiday. Gee. Cheers for that.

But I'm looking forward to Friday as JM's coming over and there's a slim possibility I might go to Kibuye on Saturday for Mel's leaving party. We'll see. Not sure yet. Shall see what we feel like doing on Saturday morning. Failing that, Mel's having a bash at Papyrus on Monday.

Yesterday daytime was hard work. I went to VSO at 8am to meet with Bosco to tackle Electrogaz. I really don't want to talk about that at the moment - bunch of eejits! But Bosco is the most patient man I've ever met in my life. No idea how he does it.

There was a meeting from 8am-9am, so I had to wait around upstairs in the Resource Room. I bumped into Hannah from Nyagatare. She was a bit upset as she'd just lost her wallet with all of her cards and keys in. She was phoning around friends to see whether she'd left it with them.

So, I did what any sensible person would do. I suggested she tried St. Anthony and related the Gahini story to her.

The mere mention of his name must have been enough. She pulled a jumper our of her bag and the wallet fell out!

There was a lot of giggling, then a slightly nervous silence before we commenced our general tasks.

I told Cathryn about it down the pub later. She thought it were a grand story lol I have to say, it's just the wrong side of coincidence for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment